• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Results 1 to 9 of 9

    Thread: Polyurea calculation method

    1. #1
      JoeKoi is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Wimberley, TX
      Posts
      464

      Polyurea calculation method

      The following formula is provided to assist you in determining the theoretical square foot coverage rate of 100% solids, polyurea spray coating: 1 gallon of material sprayed down @ 1 mil will cover 1604 sq feet. In order to determine material coverage rate, divide the number of mils you intend to spray down, into 1604. This will give you the number of square feet you can expect to get out of a gallon of material. Example: 1604 divided by 60 mils equals 26.73 S.F. per gallon. (An additional 25%-30% minimum for overspray should be factored in the coverage rate estimation.)

      Joe W
      You should design each part of the garden tastefully, recalling your memories of how nature presented itself for each feature... design your garden with the mood of harmony, modelling after the general air of such places. Sakuteiki
      Offical Koiphen survivor of: koiphenville, Sarges redo, Ganders lily pond and Stephen's humble pond redo.

    2. #2
      JoeKoi is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Wimberley, TX
      Posts
      464

      Material cost of polyurea

      One gallon of 100% polyurea costs between $35.00 - $38.00. Depending on the level of prep required and applicator costs, The cost per square foot is around $4.50 to $7.50 per square foot. $7.50 on the high end.

      JoeW
      You should design each part of the garden tastefully, recalling your memories of how nature presented itself for each feature... design your garden with the mood of harmony, modelling after the general air of such places. Sakuteiki
      Offical Koiphen survivor of: koiphenville, Sarges redo, Ganders lily pond and Stephen's humble pond redo.

    3. #3
      Kent Wallace's Avatar
      Kent Wallace is offline The luckiest man in the world
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Las Vegas NV
      Posts
      4,612
      This seems a little more reasonable.

    4. #4
      Bill OTMS's Avatar
      Bill OTMS is offline Most Illustrious Koi Dude
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Location
      Loch Liam
      Posts
      4,426
      Quote Originally Posted by JoeKoi
      One gallon of 100% polyurea costs between $35.00 - $38.00. Depending on the level of prep required and applicator costs, The cost per square foot is around $4.50 to $7.50 per square foot. $7.50 on the high end.JoeW
      Joe - Is this the 'hand' applied material?
      Truth Is Truth. You Can't Have Opinions About Truth.
      You cannot ask a fish not to swim.
      It's the only thing that makes him him - Tony Curtis
      Sign up today at




    5. #5
      JoeKoi is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Wimberley, TX
      Posts
      464

      Polyurea info

      Hello Bill,

      This is our cost of the high pressure application. The material by itself is just a few dollars, where the additional expenses come into play is in the prep and applicator costs (travel, etc...)

      Low pressure applications "should" always cost less do to the fewer pieces of equipment needed. Low pressure application also does not require the training or experience level that high pressure application does.

      In your scenario Bill, the low pressure application and choice of installer was ideal.

      In situations with different substrates and obstacles such as overhangs, ledges, stone bridges, caves etc... the high pressure systems would be a better choice.
      You should design each part of the garden tastefully, recalling your memories of how nature presented itself for each feature... design your garden with the mood of harmony, modelling after the general air of such places. Sakuteiki
      Offical Koiphen survivor of: koiphenville, Sarges redo, Ganders lily pond and Stephen's humble pond redo.

    6. #6
      Howard is offline Junior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      fl
      Posts
      13

      Polyurea

      Quote Originally Posted by JoeKoi View Post
      The following formula is provided to assist you in determining the theoretical square foot coverage rate of 100% solids, polyurea spray coating: 1 gallon of material sprayed down @ 1 mil will cover 1604 sq feet. In order to determine material coverage rate, divide the number of mils you intend to spray down, into 1604. This will give you the number of square feet you can expect to get out of a gallon of material. Example: 1604 divided by 60 mils equals 26.73 S.F. per gallon. (An additional 25%-30% minimum for overspray should be factored in the coverage rate estimation.)

      Joe W
      I have an EPDM liner 45 mil. If I was to cover with polyurea the liner with this product do you have any input? My pond id leaking and I found the cause now in discussion with certain companies for repair.

    7. #7
      tbullard is online now Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Augusta,GA
      Posts
      903
      So that your not waiting around for an answer this thread is 12 years old and JoeKoi hasn't logged in for over 11 years.

    8. #8
      kevin32 is online now CKK in training
      is chillin
       
      Feeling:
      Amused
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      brentwood ca. up north
      Posts
      4,010
      Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
      I have an EPDM liner 45 mil. If I was to cover with polyurea the liner with this product do you have any input? My pond id leaking and I found the cause now in discussion with certain companies for repair.
      Paul at artisan aquatics said no you can't. under the right conditions , geotextile can be put down and then the walls get sprayed over this. in my case I have clay so it is wasn't an option for me

    9. #9
      danzcool's Avatar
      danzcool is offline Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      Feeling:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      May 2004
      Location
      Benicia, CA, still on the bay so that it cools off nightly but far enough from the coast to be nice.
      Posts
      3,602
      Quote Originally Posted by kevin32 View Post
      Paul at artisan aquatics said no you can't. under the right conditions , geotextile can be put down and then the walls get sprayed over this. in my case I have clay so it is wasn't an option for me
      I know of a polyurea pond in Martinez that is geotextile over clay with just a concrete collar on the top....
      Koiphen member since 05-13-2004
      This one time, at band camp....

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •